Friday 17 April 2015

New Item: Patchwork Vintage and Upholstery Materials Sling Bag.

Afternoon all,

For the last two days I have been working on this:



This is my (Hobo Style?) Patchwork Vintage and Upholstery Materials Sling Bag.

I made it using some of the most fabulous materials gathered from all over the place, for example upholstery factories, vintage and retro shops and markets etc and they are pieces that I have kept with the thought of 'to work on later'. You know what I mean...

This bag is an absolute favourite of mine and I am very tempted to keep it! The materials are soft yet sturdy so that they will last, it is lined in cream cotton curtain lining material, it has two internal pockets in upholstery material, is has a long 52" strap designed so the bag can be worn across the body, it has curved corners and it has a magnetic snap to close that is concealed with a coconut shell button. What's not to love? The doilies are vintage are are so beautiful, it was quite painful having to cut them in half! Plus, they have been hand sewn on, just like the little buttons too.





I will be taking this to my next fair which is at the Bakewell Town Hall, this Monday 20th April 2015, this event is run by the Rwanda Charity - details of which can be found in an earlier post, just scroll down.

Let me know what you think to this bag though please, it'd be great to get some feedback!

Julie.
(C) FMN Crafts 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment