Monday 24 November 2014

New Cushions!

Afternoon all,

I have my two latest cushions to show you today:

Christmas Pudding Throw Cushion

Christmas Pudding Throw Cushion Collage

As you can see, this is my Christmas Pudding Cushion and I just love it! I wanted to do a bold and fun cushion that would make people smile, and I really think this fits the bill. What do you think? The material is cream cotton calico and the pudding is all made of felt. I used a mix of regular machine stitching and freehand machine embroidery which I think adds great detail. It has an envelope back so the cover can be removed if it needs to be washed - by hand and with a soft sponge and mild detergent only.

My next cushion is this one:

Trees Throw Cushion

Trees Throw Cushion Collage

This is a fabulous cushion in that is has a multi-purpose. I wanted a cushion that could be great for Christmas, but could also work all year around too and I think this is it. The front is covered in freehand machine embroidered trees which could represent Christmas - or not - and as they are floral, they are more chabby-chic than spruce! Plus there are no signs of Christmas presents or star tops, so it's a Christmas Cushion and a non-Christmas Cushion too. Perfect! It is made using cream cotton calico and cotton floral materials, the back is all floral for a lovely compliment to the front and it has an envelope back too. Oh, and can you see the two tiny birds flying high?

Both these cushions would grace many a sofa, bed or chair and measure 16" x 16" (<40cm x <40cm).

If you look in my Etsy store at the other cushions I have made, you will see that you can buy them as covered cushions or just the cushion cover itself for you to fill once delivered, to make posting easier - the choice is yours.

That's all for now, here's a teaser of what's to come:
Thanks for reading, pass it on if you like or Like me on Facebook.
Julie.

(C) FMN Crafts 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment