Wednesday 22 May 2013

Material Horde and New Design Upholstery Bag

Evening all,

Hoping you are all well, thank you for visiting my blog :)

I have been busy of late, and my newest creations include glasses cases, re-worked bags, shopping bags, rucksacks as well as button bracelet & rings, but first let me tell you about my recent horde.

I found a new fabric shop in town. Well, my Mum did actually, God bless her, she saw an advertisment in the local paper and kept it for me. So yesterday I checked it out and came out with 12 different top quality pieces of upholstery and curtaining fabric. 12! I was so happy. I think you can see most of them in this huge bag:


I just love upholstery and curtain materials, they are so versatile and easy to work with - but above all, they are sturdy and last a long time. So I thought about how to use the first piece and my first creation, which I finished today, is this bag:


I REALLY like this bag and am sorely tempted to keep it myself - even though I know that is not good for business. ;) I wanted something a little different and so I thought and planned and drew and made this!

It is fully padded for stability, including the shoulder strap and flip fastening making for extra durability, it has a smart round base and the flap fastening is also rounded, it has an inside hanging pocket and has a magnetic snap to close and is lined in a complimentary cream cotton material. It is roomy enough for a multitude of items and is in a beautiful taupe and sage green floral print. It sits really nicely on the shoulder and will go with many outfits, and can be used for many occasions too. Do you like it? Leave me a comment if so!

I was going to show you my other creations as listed above, but it is 23.37 here and I am just too tired! They will come tomorrow and beyond so please check back here later. Thank you.

Share me or Like me if you wish, or leave a comment in the box below - feedback is heaven!

Goodnight,
Julie.

(c) FMN Crafts 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment