Wednesday 3 April 2013

Matlock Bath Old Methodist Church Craft & Gift Fair

Evening all,

So, it's gone 1am and I am STILL up, having spent today unloading, sorting, stock taking and generally working my butt off post-fair to get the workroom and house back in order, after the build up and exhibition at an 'All Things Bright and Beautiful' event in Matlock Bath, Derbyshire. The event was a 3 day Easter Bank holiday affair and I exhibited some of my wares and sold a few - I am cream-crackered but had a really good time.

Part of my stall, my stall close up, one of the many advertising signs outside, people coming in during setting up
 The venue has been, to quote Joolz the organiser/owner, " a four year labour of love" renovating the old Methodist Church and they have done an amazing job. I remember it years ago when it was a furniture shop and it was full to the brim. It was so dark and dingy it was a pleasure to get out, but now, as you can see from the pictures, it is light and airy and a great space for exhibitions. My favourite part is the original wood floor. Nathan, husband to Joolz, said it took 200 man-hours to get it looking so good. Wow.

I was really pleased to get some interest in my goods and although mornings seemed to be 'slow' for me, I sold quite a few things in the afternoons including all but one of my button bracelets, tissue holders, hand warmers, various make-up bags, wrist 'go-bags', totes and Easter baskets, so I was very pleased. I was stood next to 'Dad's Bees' who sell lots of products which all contain honey produced by their family's bees in Chesterfield. Although they don't have a website at present, you can see their fabulous food hygiene rating of five info here. We had quite a few laughs with Linda and Paul throughout the day, and I was very pleased that my husband could spare time helping me load and unload and sell a few things, especially as he was exhibiting at Kettering at a Dolls House and Miniatures Fair on the Sunday. I have learned lessons and can't wait to go back again. The fairs are on each weekend right through to the end of October, including the time of the Matlock Illuminations, so if you get chance, please pop along and spend a bit with the stall-holders.

Also, I would like to mention a button I have just placed on the blog regarding pillow case dresses, made for girls in poorer parts of the world. I won't say much more right now, only that you need to click the button and see what a great idea it is. An America charity put an article in a magazine entitled 'Dress a Girl Around the World' and has since gained a UK Partner in Louise of SewScrumptious. Fabulous!

Anyway, I MUST go to bed now, thanks for reading and if you like, 'Like me on Facebook, leave a comment here, share me with your friends or leave me a message on Twitter.

Until the next time...
Julie.

(C) FMN Crafts 2013


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the lovely mention. Really appreciate it. xx

    ReplyDelete