Sunday 17 March 2013

Peak District and Patchwork Wrist Go Bags

Hello all, hope you are having a good weekend.

We are just back from a truly wonderful week in the beautiful Peak District, at a farm called Monks Retreat. The owners still run the farm and they have made a fantastic job of a barn conversion, making three holiday cottages from it. They are in Millers Dale, which is close to Buxton and we regard these cottages as a home from home - we have been at least four times now and will, God willing, go back again.

We had a mixed week of weather, from rain to snow to sun to frost, we walked around 30 miles in total and we loved every minute of it. During the time of the snow, we walked through the open tunnels on the Monsal Trail and they were full of icicles. They were huge! And falling... and scary. But, we still loved it!


And so now, we are back to the real word and back to the sewing machine - I must confess, I missed it! I wouldn't have thought it possible, but as soon as I got sewing again, it was such a good feeling. Sad? Maybe! But hey-ho.

So this is what I have just finished making, Pink and Blue Patchwork Wrist Go Bags. I actually started them a couple of days before we went away hoping to finish them in time, but it wasn't to be, so I have finished them today. I have made them before, after quite a lot of planning and mistake making (!) and they are designed to grab and go. There are three pockets inside for store/credit cards, your mobile and a chap stick or lipstick, then the main pocket for a few tissues or a coin purse, or a snack bar - whatever you like! This time, as they are a little easier to make now (practice I guess) I made six. They are for those times when you need to take your essentials with you, but don't really need a full bag of stuff, like the school run or a run to the shops. These were designed through necessity.. ;) The handle is easy to grab and hold safely over the wrist, and the key fob is ideal for your front door key. Perfect!


  

As I was making them, I took a few pictures and I have collated them here:


They sure were fun to make! See them on my Etsy shop soon...

For now, I'm off to eat a wonderful Sunday dinner my husband has made for us and relax into the evening...back to work tomorrow!

Have a good week, leave a comment if you like, 'Like' me if you like and share if you like too!

Julie.

(c) FMN Crafts 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment