Wednesday 27 March 2013

Large Shopping Bag and an Extra Surprise!

Good evening all,

I won't waste no time here, so how about this for a shopping bag?


I designed and made this is a large shopping bag / tote, measuring 17" x 15" x 6" across the base, from a really pretty, yet sturdy curtain material. I have always loved the heavier duty materials and have seen a few bags floating around the high street and thought, hey, I can do that! So I did.

My priorities were:
1) Large with flat base
2) Long lasting
3) Pretty yet sturdy.

The power of three prevails.

But I also wanted:
1) Great looking material
2) Lining
3) Metal magnetic snap.

So I got it!

But then, as I am obviously greedy, I also wanted this:


A matching purse! I just couldn't resist and it only took about an hour to make, so I was really pleased. In fact, there was so much material I have made three sets so far... *Insert smug face*

So, they are both lined with a complimentary cream cotton material, the bag has long straps so that it sits comfortably on the shoulder but can also be held at arms length, the bag has a magnetic metal snap closing and the purse has a zip and handy key split ring. Grab some cash, attach your key, throw in the bag and off you go! Shop till you drop (you'll drop before the bag does!).

Does this sound like a really cheesy commercial? Sorry, even though I say it myself, I just love these, they made up much better than I anticipated and I want to share. :) I will be putting on Etsy soon, although...

...on Saturday I am off to the Craft and Gift Fair at the Old Methodist Church, Matlock Bath, Derbyshire and I am REALLY looking forward to it! (So I'll be taking them there.) It's my first time there and the venue looks great. With it being a bank holiday weekend and it being Matlock Bath there is sure to be huge footfall - I just hope I get some interest and sell a few things. It's a three day event so I'm packing in the comfy shoes! I'll let you know how it goes...

If you like this article, leave a comment please. Or Like me on Facebook and share with your friends.


Take care,
Julie.

(c) FMN Crafts 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment