Wednesday 30 January 2013

Denim & Lace Purses and Pin Cushions

Evening all,

Just a little post today.

So today, I have been making these cute little Denim and Lace Purses:


I think I could have the word recycled in there somewhere, as the denim used to be part of a pair of jeans... Obviously they were laundered before being made! I thought the lace would make a nice contrast to the blue denim and then the red zip and polka dot interior really finishes them off. They measure 5 1/2" x 4". I love these! I would buy one...but I couldn't right now even if I wanted too, as they are being saved for the fairs...

I also made these Pin Cushions with Handles:


You may or may not have noticed, I am currently selling pin cushions I made earlier on Etsy, but with these ones I thought about how a pin cushion could be used, whilst keeping hands free. I tried making them where they attach to the wrist with Velcro, but I didn't like the way they turned out, so I thought of attaching a handle to the back. Well, I say handle, it's more a strap that you can push two or three fingers through so it rests above the knuckles, leaving all fingers free to work and pins handy to use. The material is quite thick too for extra stability and they are pretty! And we all know, the more pretty in the sewing room, the better! :)

So, what do you think? Please leave a comment and let me know...

Speak soon,
Julie.

(c) FMN Crafts 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment